Visiting 10 May – 7 June, 2011.
- 1972 – he finished university studies in the Electrotechnical Fakulty of Slovak Technical University in Bratislava, Slovakia, in the area of Technical Cybernetics, specialization on Automation and Control.
Master Thesis: Mathematical Model of Synchronous Motors (with the Smooth Core Rotor and the Rotor with Salient Poles).
- 1972 – 1991 he had been working in the Institute of Technical Cybernetics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
- 1973 – military service
- 1976-1979 – PhD studies in the area of Technical Cybernetics, specialization on Automation and ControlDoctoral Thesis: Suboptimal Control of Large-Scale Dynamic Systems by Means of Aggregation Methods.
- 1980 – the PhD title was granted him
- 1991-2001 – he had been working in the Institute of Control Theory and Robotics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, as a Head of the Dept. of Modelling and Intelligent Control of Discret Event Dynamic Systems
- 1998 – habilitation in the University of Zilina, Zilina, Slovakia, and obtaining the title Docent (i.e. Associate Professor)
Habilitation Thesis: Modelling and Simulation of Discrete Production Processes and Knowledge-Based Control Synthesis of them.
- 2001-till now – he has been working in the Institute of Informatics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, as a head of scientific research projects.
- Since 1991 he has been a head of 8 national projects under grant of the Slovak Grant Agency for Science VEGA.
- Since 1991 he has been a head of the Slovak participation on 12 international projects of different kinds including also the projects of European Union:the ICIMS-NOE (Intelligent Control and Integrated Manufacturing Systems – Network of Excellence) – E.P. 23447 in frame of the All-European ESPRIT Project 9751 andthe INCO COPERNICUS CP96-026: AMETMAS-NOE (Advanced Methodologies and Tools of Manufacturing Systems – Network of Excelence).
- He has been a member of International Program Committees on tens international conferences.
- He is a member of the Scientific Board of the Institute of Informatics, Slovak Academy of Sciences.He is a member of Editorial Boards of the journals:
– International Journal of Intelligent Information and Database Systems, Inder Science Publishers, USA
– JOURNAL OF APPLIED SYSTEMS STUDIES (JASS), Cambridge International Science Publishing, Cambridge, England
- He is a member of the International Editorial Advisory Board of the book series: Advances in Applied Intelligence Technologies (AAIT) Book Series,IGI Global Publisher, USA.
- He is a member of the IEEE and a member of the Slovak Society for Cybernetics and Informatics.
- In spite of the fact that Slovak Academy of Sciences is not any university but it is a complex of research institutes, he helps to educate master students of Slovak Technical University and Comenius University in Bratislava especially by means of supervising their MSc. Thesis.
- He has been a supervisor of PhD students of Slovak Technical University.
- During his practice he published about 200 papers in international conferences, book chapters and journals.
More details about him are on his web page http://www.ui.sav.sk/home/capkovic, including the list of projects and the list of recent publications.