Keynote talks, invited talks
- Toyoaki Nishida. Envisioning Conversation, Keynote Talk, 14th International Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces, Resort Riva del Sole, Castiglione della Pescaia, Grosseto (Italy), 29 May – 1 June 2018.
- Toyoaki Nishida. Conversational Informatics: Toward Cultivating Wisdom from Conversational Interaction, Keynote Speech, 19th Annual KES Conference, Singapore 7, 8 & 9 Sept. 2015.
- Toyoaki Nishida, Atsushi Nakazawa, Yoshimasa Ohmoto, Christian Nitschke, Yasser Mohammad, Sutasinee Thovuttikul, Divesh Lala, Masakazu Abe, Takashi Ookaki. Synthetic Evidential Study as Primordial Soup of Conversation. Invited Guest Speech, Workshop on Databases in Networked Information Systems (DNIS 2015), University of Aizu, Japan, March 23 – 25, 2015
- Toyoaki Nishida. Conversation Quantization as a Foundation of Conversational Intelligence, Invited Talk, Workshop on Databases in Networked Information Systems (DNIS), University of Aizu, Japan, March 25 – 27, 2013
- Toyoaki Nishida. Augmenting Conversational Environment. Keynote talk, 201211th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics & Cognitive Computing (ICCI*CC 2012), Kyoto, Japan, August 23, 2012.
- Toyoaki Nishida. An Engineering Approach to Conversational Informatics, Invited Talk, International Workshop on Multimodality in Multispace Interaction (MiMI), Takamatsu, Japan, December 1-2, 2011.
- Toyoaki Nishida. AI Research in Japan – Towards Empathic Agents, Invited talk, The 2011 Conference on Technologies and Applications of Artificial Intelligence (TAAI 2011), Taoyuan, Taiwan, November 11-13, 2011.
- Toyoaki Nishida. Social Intelligence Design for Intercultural Communication, Keynote Speech, The 2011 IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing (GrC 2011), Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Nov. 8-10, 2011
- Toyoaki Nishida. Talking with Uncertainty, Keynote Speech, the International Symposium on Integrated Uncertainty Management and Applications (IUKM 2011), October 28-30, 2011. http://iukm.zju.edu.cn/data/committees/SPEAKERS.html
- Toyoaki Nishida.Conversational Informatics, Keynote Speech at Affective Computing and Advanced Intelligent Machine Forum (ACAIM2011), Hefei University of Technology, Hefei, China, September 24-27, 2011
- Toyoaki Nishida. Towards Conversational Artifacts, Keynote Speech, The 2011 International Conference on Active Media Technology — AMT-2011, September 7-9, Lanzhou, China
- Toyoaki Nishida. From observation to interaction. Keynote Talk, SSPW 2010: ACM Workshop on Social Signal Processing, Florence, Italy, October 2010.
- Toyoaki Nishida. Panel: Technology Innovation in Real-life, Connected World, Royal Holloway, University of London, 15 September, 2010
- Toyoaki Nishida. Towards Conversation-centric Knowledge Circulation, Plenary Talk, 7th International Conference on Multimedia & Network Information Systems, Wrocław, Poland, September 23-24, 2010.
- Toyoaki Nishida. Social Intelligence Design for Cultivating Shared Situated Intelligence, Keynote Talk, The 2010 IEEE Conference on Granular Computing (GrC 2010), Silicon Valley, USA, 14-16 August 2010.
- Toyoaki Nishida, Social Intelligence Design for Knowledge Circulation, Invited Talk, Databases in Networked Information Systems (DNIS), University of Aizu, Japan, March 29-31, 2010
- Toyoaki Nishida, Conversational Informatics for Situated Communication, Keynote Speech, The 10th International Conference on Telecommunications (ConTEL 2009), Zagreb, Croatia, June 8-10, 2009
- Toyoaki Nishida, Social Intelligence Design for Intelligent Decision Technologies, Keynote Speech, KES IDT 2009, Himeji, Japan, 23-24 April 2009
- Toyoaki Nishida, Conversational Informatics and Beyond, Invited Speaker, Symposium and Inauguration, Research Symposium: Cognitive Interaction: Perspectives on Cognition and Technology, Cognitive Interaction Technology Center of Excellence, May 27th, 2008, Bielefeld University, Germany.
- Toyoaki Nishida. Conversational Informatics and Human-Centered Web Intelligence, WI’07 and IAT’07 Joint Keynotes, the 2007 IEEE/ACM/WIC International Conference on Web Intelligence / Intelligent Agent Technology, Silicon Valley, USA, November 2-5, 2007.
- Toyoaki Nishida. Artifact Mediated Society, keynote, International Workshop “Socio-ethics and Interactive Technologies: From Judgement to Calculation”, Middlesex University, Trent Park, London, Friday 5th- Saturday 6th October, 2007.
- Toyoaki Nishida, Embodied Conversational Agents in the Knowledge Spiral, Invited Talk, KES AMSTA 2007, Wroclaw, Poland, 31 May -1 June, 2007.
- Toyoaki Nishida, Conversational Informatics where Web Intelligence meets Brain Informatics, Invited Talk, The First WICI International Workshop on Web Intelligence (WI) meets Brain Informatics (BI) (WImBI), Beijing, December 15-16, 2006.
- Toyoaki Nishida: Integrating interaction- and content-oriented views to conversational artefacts, Embodied Communication I, Opening Conference of the ZiF: Research Group 2005/2006 “Embodied Communication in Humans and Machines”, October 5 – 8, 2005.
- Toyoaki Nishida: Acquiring, Accumulating, Transforming, Applying, and Understanding Conversational Quanta, Plenary talk, nternational Conference on Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems, 14 – 16 September, 2005, Hilton on the Park, Melbourne, Australia
- Toyoaki Nishida: Conversation Quantization for Conversational Knowledge Process, Invited Talk, DNIS 2005, S. Bhalla (Ed.): DNIS 2005, LNCS 3433, Springer, pp. 15 – 33, 2005.
- Toyoaki Nishida: Conversational Knowledge Process for Social Intelligence Design, Invited Talk, in: A. Aagesen et al. (Eds.): INTELLCOMM 2004, LNCS 3283, Springer, pp. 28–42, 2004.
- Toyoaki Nishida: Towards Intelligent Media Technology for Communicative Intelligence, Keynote Speech, in Proceedings of International Workshop on Intelligent Media Technology for Communicative Intelligence (IMTCI), pp. 1-7, 2004.
- T. Nishida. Social Intelligence Design and Communicative Intelligence for Knowledgeable Community, Invited Talk, International Symposium on Digital Libraries and Knowledge Communities in Networked Information Society DLKC’04, Kasuga Campus, University of Tsukuba, March 2 – 5, 2004.
- Toyoaki Nishida: Supporting the Conversational Knowledge Process in the Networked Community, Special Invited Talk, presented at 3rd Workshop on Databases in Networked Information Systems (DNIS ’03), University of Aizu, Japan, September 22 – 24, 2003.
- Toyoaki Nishida, Social Intelligence Design and Communicative Reality, Keynote Speech, KES’2002 Sixth International Conference on Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems, 16, 17 & 18 September 2002, Crema, Italy, In: E. Damiani, R. J. Howlett, L. C. Jain, and N. Ichalkaranje (eds.): Proc. KES 2002, pp. 5-6, 2002.
- Toyoaki Nishida, Communicative Reality for Social Intelligence Design, Invited Talk, The IEEE International Workshop on Knowledge Media Networking (KMN’02), CRL, Kyoto, Japan , July 10-12, 2002.
- T. Nishida: Social Intelligence Design for Knowledge Creating Communities, Invited Paper, The 2001 International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technolopgy (IAT-2001), Maebashi, Japan, October 23-26, 2001.
- Toyoaki Nishida, Talking virtualized egos as an interactive community medium, invited presentation at France-Japan Workshop on Distributed Objects and Agents (DOA’2000), Maison Franco Japonaise – Nichi Futsu Kaikan 3-9-25 Ebisu, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150, Japan, 4 and 5 December 2000
- Toyoaki Nishida: Interactive Community Media, New Media Workshop, The thirteenth Japan-German IT Workshop, October 8-11, 2000
- Toyoaki Nishida. Towards Dynamic Knowledge Interaction, Keynote Paper, in: Proceedings of Fourth International Conference on Knowledge-Based Intelligent Engineering Systems & Allied Technologies (KES2000), pp. 1-12, (30, 31 August, 1 September 2000, Brighton, UK), 2000.
- Toyoaki Nishida, The Knowledgeable Community:An Attempt to Facilitate Community Knowledge Evolution, THE 9TH NEC RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM, September, 1998.
- Toyoaki Nishida, Hideaki Takeda, Michiaki Iwazume, Harumi Maeda, and Motoyuki Takaai: The knowledgeable community — facilitating the knowledge process by humans and computers — , (keynote address), Second International Conference on Knowledge-Based Intelligent Electronic Systems, Adelaide, Australia, 1998. In: Proceedings Second International Conference on Knowledge-Based Intelligent Electronic Systems, volume 1, pp. 23-32, 1998.
- Toyoaki Nishida: Agent Technology and Knowledgeable Communities, The 11th Japan-German IT Forum, 1997.
- Toyoaki Nishida, The Knowledgeable Community: Towards Knowledge Level Communication, presented at The Seventh International Forum on the Frontier of Telecommunications Technology, Tokyo, Japan, November 29-30, 1995. In: N. J. I. Mars (ed.): Towards Very Large Knowledge Bases: Knowledge Building & Knowledge Sharing 1995, pp. 84-94, IOS Press, 1995.
- Toyoaki Nishida: Strategy of Machine Translation, Asia and Pasific Regional Conference on Translation, Putra World Trade Center, Kuara Lumpur, Malaysia, 22-24, August 1986.
- Toyoaki Nishida, Shuji Doshita: Machine Translation, Japanese Perspectives, Translating and the Computer 7, Aslib, The Association for Information Management, 1985