Awards and honors
- Atsushi Nakazawa, Hiroaki Kato, Christian Nitschke and Toyoaki Nishida received 2018 Best Paper Award from The Robotics Society of Japan, for “Eye gaze tracking using corneal imaging and active illumination devices”, Advanced Robotics, the International Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol. 31, No. 8, pp. 413-427, 2017.
- Yoshimasa Ohmoto, Takahiro Matsuda, Toyoaki Nishida received Best Paper Award for the paper entitled “Skill Acquisition Model using Task Performance and Physiological Indices” at COGNITIVE 2017, The Ninth International Conference on Advanced Cognitive Technologies and Applications, held in Athens, Greece during February 19 – 23, 2017
- Yasser Mohammad received Best Presentation Award for the paper entitled “Simple Incremental GMM Modeling using Multidimensional Piecewise Linear Segmentation for Learning from Demonstration” at The 3rd International Conference on Industrial Application Engineering 2015 (ICIAE 2015)
- Yasser Mohammad and Toyoaki Nishida received Outstanding Paper Award for the paper entitled “Robust Learning from Demonstrations using Multidimensional SAX” at 14th International Conference on Control, Automation, and Systems (ICCAS 2014),
- Divesh Lala and Toyoaki Nishida received Best Paper Award from 11th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics and Cognitive Computing (ICCI*CC’12) for the paper entitled “A Collaborative Pointing Experiment for Analyzing Bodily Communication in a Virtual Immersive Environment.” / Copy of testimonial
- Yasser Mohammad and Toyoaki Nishida received SII2011 Best Paper Award (Control) from 2011 IEEE/SICE International Symposium on System Integration, December 20-22, 2011, Kyoto Japan. Yasser Mohammad and Toyoaki Nishida, On Comparing SSA-based Change Point Discovery Algorithms, IEEE SII 2011, 938-945. December 21, 2011. / Copy of testimonial
- Toyoaki Nishida. IEEE CS Granular Computing, Outstanding Contribution Awards, in recognition of his innovative and highly significant contributions to the fields of Social Intelligence and Granular Computing. November 9th, 2011．
- Loic Merckel, Best Student Paper Award CHANGE-POINT DETECTION ON THE LIE GROUP SE(3) FOR SEGMENTING GESTURE-DEFINED SPATIAL RIGID MOTION, co-authored with Toyoaki Nishida, GRAPP, On May 21st, 2010
- Yasser Mohammad, Toyoaki Nishida, Measuring Naturalness During Close Encounters Using Physiological Signal Processing, Best Paper Award, The Twenty Second International Conference on Industrial, Engineering & Other Applications of Applied Intelligent Systems IEA-AIE 2009 , June 24-27, 2009 Tainan, Taiwan
- Matthias Rehm,Yukiko Nakano,Elisabeth André,Toyoaki Nishida Culture-specific first meeting encounters between virtual agents The 8th International Conference on Intelligent Virtual Agents(IVA2008) Best Paper Finalists.
- Yasser F. O. Mohammad, Toyoaki Nishida, A Cross-Platform Robotic Architecture for Autonomous Interactive Robots, Best regular paper award, IEA/AIE2008 / Copy of testimonial
- Yong Xu, The Young Investigator Fellowship Award, IEEE ICME2007 (Honorary Credential)
- Toyoaki Nishida. WIC Outstanding Service Award．/ WIC homepage